Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Sweet potatoes with coriander

I have to admit that I lost track of the banana project at some point. But they have all been eaten, and in very unspectacular ways. So it's time to move on!

Here's the veganized version of a very easy and quick sweet potato recipe from "Wok vegetarisch", one of my favorite cookbooks, although I don't even have a wok.


Preparation time: 30 minutes
Suggested music: Hel - Hämnaren (I hit "random" in iTunes)

Ingredients:
  • 600 g sweet potatoes
  • 2 tablespoons oil (for sauteing)
  • 1 teaspoon coriander
  • 2 tablespoons walnuts (I used cashews)
  • 250 g soy yoghurt (commonly referred to as Yofu in Germany)
  • 1 lime (I used a lemon)
  • 1 tablespoon maple syrup
  • 1 tablespoon oil (for dip)
  • fresh or frozen cilantro
  • salt & pepper

What to do:
  1. Wash the lime, grate some of its zest and juice half of it (I did not use the zest). Wash and mince the cilantro. Mix with yofu, and season the dip with salt, pepper, and maple syrup. I usually add a little bit of oil to such dips, as it enhances the taste.
  2. Peel the potatoes and cut into lengthy pieces about 0.5 cm thick. Heat oil in wok or pan and saute potatoes for 4-5 min. Add walnuts/cashews, until they become a little brown. Add coriander and season with salt.


No comments:

Post a Comment