Preparation time: about 90 min
Suggested Music: Woven Hand - The Good Hand (not italian, but beautiful)
Ingredients (for one average-sized baking tray):
- 400 g flour
- 1 package dry or fresh yeast
- olive oil
- 230-250 mL lukewarm water
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- about 600 g potatoes, peeled
What to do:
- Prepare a yeast dough with flour, yeast, 2 tablespoons olive oil, water, oregano, thyme, and 1 teaspoon salt. Let the dough rise at a warm place, covered with a towel, until it's about twice as big as before (about 30 min).
- In the meantime, slice the potatoes into thin slices. Be happy if you have a kitchen machine that can do it. Otherwise, use a grater for uniform slices. Coat the slices in a little olive oil. That way they won't dry out in the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 175 °C.
- Knead the risen dough for a few seconds, then spread it on a sheet of baking paper on a baking tray. Add the potatoes. They should cover the dough, but not build up more than 2-3 layers. Sprinkle salt, pepper, and lots of rosemary on top.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes. To test if the potatoes are finished, lift the top layer and try a potato from the bottom layer.
- Serve with a big bowl of salad.